Everest Public High School, Summit’s second school, opened its doors in 2009 due to overwhelming demand for more Summit schools. Today, Everest is among the top public high schools in the nation. In 2015, US News & World Report ranked Summit Prep as one of the nation’s Best High Schools and Washington Post ranked it as one of America’s Most Challenging High Schools. Last year, 100% of Everest’s graduates were accepted to at least one four-year university joining the ranks of many successful alumni before them.
Summit Schools believe that every student is capable of being college and career ready and should have access to high-performing, 21st century schools that prepare them for success in college, career and life. For ten years, our schools have provided an innovative, personalized education to its students. Our accomplishments include:
- Of Everest and Summit Prep graduates, 96 percent being accepted to at least one four-year college or university.
- A world-class teaching faculty coming to Everest from the nation’s top teacher preparation programs, including Stanford, Harvard, UCLA and UC Berkeley.
- Consistently ranking amongst the best in California, with our flagship school ranked amongst the top 100 best high schools in the nation.
- Our flagship school being named as one of the nation’s Top 10 Miracle schools.
- Our organization being featured in the award-winning documentary ‘Waiting for Superman’ for the high-quality public school option Summit Schools provide our students and families.
- Launching a personalized, blended learning program in our schools, leveraging new education technologies to drive student engagement and achievement.