Mandatory Reading Assignment
- AP English Language Summer Assignment (<-- click the link)
- In preparation for AP English Language, students will select and read a nonfiction book. They will then write a response in which they use textual evidence to analyze how the author creates an argument to convince their audience of their intended message. For more details, click the link above.
Mandatory Math Assignment
- Everest Summer Math Assignment (<-- click the link)
- Your brain is a muscle, and you need to exercise it over the summer to keep it healthy and strong! Math muscles are especially important to work out, because nothing bulks you up like practice.This summer, your job is to study and practice as much math as you can. Specifically, you must choose at least four topics to spend time on and create “cheat sheets” to help you remember. For more details, click the link above.
Optional Enrichment Assignments
- AP Spanish Language: Proyecto de verano (<-- click the link)
- For students who are preparing to take AP Spanish Language, this assignment will have them investigate the essential question, "What is a hero?" For more details, click the link above.
College Preparatory Assignment
- Make sure your summer plans include some time devoted to activities that support your college goals: academic or extra-curricular enrichment, career exploration, or community involvement.
- Visit colleges! This will help you get a feel for different campuses and begin the conversation about right fit colleges.
- For more information, check the SPS College Readiness Website, the "College Resources" section of your Naviance Family Connection, and read through the SPS College Application Handbook.