1. What are the key dates I should keep in mind?
a. Senior Trip 5/24 – 5/26
b. Expeditions 5/30 – 6/8
c. Everest Graduation 6/11
2. What is the date/time of the Class of 2017 graduation ceremony?
The graduation ceremony will be held on Sunday, June 11th at 4-6 pm, at Carrington Hall, Sequoia HS, Redwood City.
3. Why is the graduation ceremony on Sunday 6/11 when the last day of school is 6/8?
Carrington Hall has the largest capacity (800 seats) and the cost is minimal since it is in the Sequoia Union High School District. We decided it was worthwhile to choose this facility to ensure we could seat as many family and friends as possible. Sunday 6/11 is the best available date for us.
4. What is the cost of graduation?
There is no cost. Each student will be provided with a cap, gown and diploma by the school.
5. Will the seniors have Class of 2017 t-shirts?
Yes! This is an Everest tradition. T-shirts will be provided at no cost in March/April 2017.
6. Will there be a senior gift to Everest?
Yes! If you would like to help out or donate, please contact Shellie Sakamoto at email@example.com
7. Will there be a graduation practice?
Yes! Still checking on the date/time so stay tuned.
8. Will there be a graduation celebration event?
To be determined. Historically this has been optional and outside of school events. Some classes have had elaborate events or not at all. If you are interested in making this happen or discussing further, please contact Shellie Sakamoto at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. What is the Senior trip to Oregon?
The Senior trip is an Everest tradition and is led by our teachers. This trip is educational since it brings to life elements from senior classes (AP US Government, AP Environmental Science, and AP English Literature). It is fun for our seniors to share this final trip together. More information to come from our teachers in March/April 2017.
10. What can I do to help?
So glad you asked! There are many tasks, big and small that need to be done. At Everest, it takes a village to make this a great experience for the Class of 2017. If you are interested in finding out more about how to help, contact Shellie Sakamoto at email@example.com